What is the Senior Connection Program?
The purpose of the Senior Connection Program is to enable driven IWHS students to achieve their academic goals with the opportunity the earn college credit while in high school. These credits apply toward high school graduation requirements and towards a degree at the University of the Incarnate Word, or may transfer to another college or university.
What are the benefits?
- Selected juniors and seniors may earn 3-9 hours of college credit per semester
- 50% discount off dual credit courses PLUS reduced high school tuition
- College-level courses challenge the student intellectually and allow experiences relevant to the student’s future.
- Register for courses with dual credit such as pre-calculus, calculus, government, economics, psychology, sociology, and fine arts just to name a few.
- Students receive priority registration and reduced fees.
- Senior Connection courses are taught by the University of the Incarnate Word faculty with the same syllabus, textbook, and rigor as any other section taught at UIW.
- As with all Dual Credit courses, grades are weighted an additional 10 points per semester for GPA calculation.