Alumnae Board/Class Agents
Alumnae Advisory Board
The governing body of the Alumnae Association is comprised of graduates and former students who, by their demonstrated commitment to Incarnate Word High School, have been selected to represent the entire alumnae body. This group is responsible for much of the planning and promotion of many of the alumnae programs throughout the year.
The purposes for which the Alumnae Board is formed are:
- to foster the IWHS Mission, the best interest of IWHS and its alumnae, the spirit of Christian service and social justice which drive our Mission.
- to provide the principal link between IWHS and its worldwide network of alumnae.
- to promote awareness to IWHS of the value of its alumnae and enhance alumnae awareness of their vital role in the future of IWHS.
- to grow a shared spirit among alumnae, parents, students, faculty, staff and administration through projects that benefit IWHS and to engage in our students, as future alumnae, a sense of pride and loyalty to IWHS.
- to serve as a resource group working with the administration of IWHS in areas of alumnae relations.
Committees are a vital and necessary to accomplish the work of the IWHS Alumnae Association. Committee members are appointed by Alumnae Advisory Board Member Committee Chairs and may serve on a maximum of two committees during their one year (renewable) term. Responsibilities for both Alumnae Advisory Board members and Committee Members include:
- Participation in the annual Shamrock Fund at any level
- Participation in fun-raising activities
- Participation as indicated by specific committee needs and priorities
Current Alumnae Board Committees
- Alumnae Awards of Distinction
- Name Your Prize Raffle
- Silver Tea
- Visibility (mixers)
Class Agents are class leaders who work as liaisons between their class and the Alumnae Relations Office. Ideally each class is represented by two or more Class Agents. These agents are focal points between IWHS and their class and play a very important highly effective role.
The Class Agent works with the Director of Alumnae Relations and the Alumnae Board to promote bonding friendships and participation in IWHS and alumnae activities. By serving as a well-informed representative, a Class Agent fosters and strengthens interest and excitement, understanding, involvement and support in IWHS by keeping their class informed, encouraging classmate attendance at events, updating IWHS with current classmate contact information.
If you are interested in serving as a class agent contact Cybele Bolado at email@example.com.