Living at IWHS
Madeleine Hall Rooms
- Lounge with beauty corner including vanity set-up, study table, x-box, and large-screen TV
- Furnished kitchen with access to cookware and appliances
- Music and art room with piano, guitar, and art supplies
- Wellness room with workout equipment and large screen TV
- Community bathroom with access to washers and dryers
- Common areas and residents’ rooms with wi-fi and ethernet access
Board Plan & Meals
Dining Locations and Snacks
- University of the Incarnate Word Dining Locations
- Campus Dining Hall: Buffet style dining
- Hortencia’s: Chick-fil-A, deli sandwiches, fruit and vegetable combo packs for the student on the go and convenience items, etc.
- Finnegan’s: Starbucks coffee, teas, assorted pastries and snacks
- Luciano’s Pizzeria: Gourmet pizza, salads, chicken wings, cheese sticks, coffee and desserts.
- Breakfast and Snacks
- The residents request a list of breakfast and snack items which we use to develop our weekly grocery shopping list, so they can prepare their breakfast or after school snack.
- Campus Dining (Holiday Closure)
- During the holiday seasons when the campus dining facilities are closed, meals are provided from local restaurants and include cuisine from Asian, American, Italian, and Latin restaurants, etc.
Safety & Security
Curfew and Off-Campus Permission
- The staff set the alarm at the entrance/exit doors that lead to the exterior of Madeleine Hall at curfew.
- Residents that are signed out to the UIW campus, Broadway Avenue locations must return by 7:15 p.m. curfew on Sunday – Saturday.
- Residents that are signed out with an approved individual must be in by 11:30 p.m. curfew on Friday – Saturday.
- In Spring, the curfew is extended until 8:00 p.m. for residents with good behavior and good grades.
- Residents can sign-out on approved outings with individuals that are on their parent permission list. We require the following to approve off-campus sign-out:
- Friend or family member must be listed on the resident’s off-campus permission list.
- The individual that signs out the resident must provide a valid ID and insurance, as it applies.
- Resident must abide by all local curfew laws.
- Residents requesting overnight off-campus permission may be signed out by an approved adult that is 25 years of age or older.
Madeleine Hall has a classroom set up within the residence hall to provide residents with a space that is conducive to learning.
We provide transportation on the weekend to local shopping malls, local restaurants, grocery stores, and international markets.
All high school residents have access to all the amenities at the University of the Incarnate Word facilities. High school residents must provide a student ID to gain access to the UIW facilities.
- Media Center
- UIW Dining Locations
- Wellness Center