Dear Incarnate Word High School Families,
Incarnate Word High School is proud to offer a variety of scholarships to highly qualified incoming and current students for their academic achievements and commitment to their future school community.
IWHS Merit Scholarship Application:
To apply for a merit scholarship, please complete the following:
IW Merit Scholarship application.
Deadline for incoming freshmen: Tuesday, January 2, 2024.
Deadline for current students (9th, 10th, and 11th) Thursday, February 29, 2024.
Hope for the Future Scholarship Application:
Families interested in applying to Hope for the Future (HFF), a San Antonio Archdiocese scholarship application. HFF typically opens in mid-December. Once you apply through the HFF application, you then will also be considered for IWHS scholarships. Once you begin the application, select Incarnate Word High School as your school of choice on the Hope for the Future application, the additional questions for IWHS scholarships are automatically added to this online application. You only need to complete the application to be considered for financial assistance scholarships from IWHS as well as financial assistance scholarships from Hope for the Future.
To be considered for both HFF and IWHS tuition assistance, please complete the following:
Tax Information required by HFF
Current Grades (Incoming 9th, please submit current 8th grade grades)
Letter of Recommendation
Deadline for IWHS tuition assistance (Incoming 9th ONLY):
- Incoming Freshman: Freshman Scholarships ONLY: Deadline: Tuesday, January 2, 2024.
Deadline for current IWHS Students:
(Notifications will be sent out through FACTS, typically ONE month from the deadline date).
Round 1: Thursday, February 29, 2024
Round 2: Monday, April 15, 2024
Round 3 (Final Round): Friday, June 14, 2024
Please take note of the following:
- All applicants MUST fully complete the Hope for the Future application to be eligible for consideration for financial assistance.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Families can apply through both the IW Merit Scholarship application and Hope for the Future.
- The recommendation letter must be submitted for the application to be considered complete. Please note, that this must be a letter from a teacher, school administrator, coach, or mentor.
- A current report card must be uploaded into the application to be considered.
- The maximum dollar amount of scholarships cannot exceed the amount of tuition.
- For incoming freshmen only, the incoming freshman recommendation form that is required for the IWHS admissions application will not be considered a letter of recommendation for the Hope for the Future application.
For questions or concerns regarding the scholarship application process, please email Mrs. Ariana Uribe, Director of Enrollment at email@example.com
.Updated November 20, 2023