All IWHS courses are considered college-preparatory and are designed to challenge all students. Some courses are designated Pre-AP and AP to meet the needs of those students demonstrating advanced ability.
In addition to on-campus college-level courses, IWHS also partners with the University of the Incarnate Word for the Senior Connection Program. This program enables driven IWHS students the opportunity to earn college credit while in high school by attending classes at the university. These credits apply toward high school graduation requirements and towards a degree at the University of the Incarnate Word or may transfer to another accredited college or university.
- Selected juniors and seniors may earn 3-9 hours of college credit per semester
- 50% discount off dual credit courses PLUS reduced high school tuition
- College-level courses challenge the student intellectually and allow experiences relevant to the student’s future.
- Register for courses with dual credit such as pre-calculus, calculus, government, economics, psychology, sociology, and fine arts - just to name a few.
- Students receive priority registration and reduced fees.
- Senior Connection courses are taught by the University of the Incarnate Word faculty with the same syllabus, textbook, and rigor as any other section taught at UIW.
- As with all Dual Credit courses, grades are weighted an additional 10 points per semester for GPA calculation.